In this tutorial, we will show you how to use Samsung data migration software to migrate everything. By using this method, you can transfer all your data (Including OS) from old HDD to new Samsung SSD. This method only works with Samsung SSDs because we are gonna use the software “Samsung data migration”. Before we start the tutorial you should know what is Samsung data migration?.
So let’s know about it in brief. The Samsung data migration is a software for windows operating system that helps to migrate all system data from old HDD to new SSD. This software is very useful if you are planning to buy a new Samsung SSD. Because it will be easy for you to migrate all your data including OS.
- 1 How To Use Samsung Data Migration Software To Migrate Everything
- 2 How Samsung SSD Data Migration Software Works?
- 3 F.A.Q’s
How To Use Samsung Data Migration Software To Migrate Everything
- First of all download the required software from the direct download link.
- Install the software from the setup file by accepting all terms and conditions.
- Open the software from the desktop icon and wait to detect the hard drives.
- Once the hard drives will be detected by the software you will see the storage details. It will show you both hard drives information. The old one as well as the new SSD.
- Now click on the start button to begin the migration process. It will ask you for the confirmation, so click on the ok button.
- You will see the old and new hard drive information on this step for confirmation. The old drive will be under the “Source Disk” tab and the new SSD will be under the “Targeted Disk” tab.
- Again click on the start button, Now you will see the popup message. The message will be warning that your new SSD data will be completely deleted and you cannot recover it. As well as the files on the source disk that are open cannot be cloned. So close all the files from source disk then start the cloning process.
- Click on the yes button to start the process. Now you have to wait until the process completes. It takes time depending on your data size.
- You will get a success message after the complete cloning. Now your OS is with all system data is migrated to new SSD. You can remove your old HDD safely.
These are the simple steps of using Samsung data migration software. If you are still having trouble understanding then watch the following video tutorial. That includes a full tutorial on how to use Samsung data migration.
How Samsung SSD Data Migration Software Works?
The working of data migration is in the following sequence. You can read full article to learn how to use Samsung data migration.
- The software detects both the hard drive for migration purposes.
- When users click on the start button, the software makes a clone of an old HDD including the operating system.
- On the next step the software formats your new SSD and migrate all the data from old HDD to new SSD.
- In this process, the Samsung is not responsible for any kind of data loss. Because before starting the process the software shows the warning message.
- The time required to complete this process is different, that depends upon your system data size.
How to download Samsung data migration?
The direct download link is shared above in this post. You can click on the link and download the software for free.
How to install Samsung data migration software on windows 10?
Just double click on the downloaded setup file. Accept all terms and conditions to complete the installation. Nothing else is required to do.
Does Samsung data migration deletes files?
Yes, Samsung data migration deletes all the files from the targeted disk. It means that your new SSD data will be completely erased.
How to uninstall Samsung data migration?
Just go to control panel->programs and features, select the Samsung data migration from the list and click on the uninstall button.
Samsung data migration cloning failed, what to do?
There are many reasons for this error. Sometimes this error occurs due to antivirus programs. Therefore close all the programs before start the cloning process. If the cloning failed in the middle of the process. Then restart your computer, close all the running applications and files and start the cloning process again.