If you are cloning your old HDD to Samsung SSD by using SDM and Samsung Data Migration stuck at 0% or 99% or at 100% then follow the following steps to easily and quickly fix it. In this article, we have covered all the problems that you can face while cloning your data from old HDD to new Samsung SSD and by using this article you can easily overcome any problems that you might face.
The Samsung Data Migration tool is a very famous, liable and well-known tool to clone your data but sometimes user faces different types of problems while migrating their data. Here we are going to provide you all the solutions to the problem that you might face while transferring your data from old HDD to New Samsung SSD.
Why Samsung Data Migration Stuck at 99 percent
It is hard to tell why your Samsung Data Migration stuck in-between but the most common thing is that you make sure that your downloaded SDM is of the latest version. You can download the latest version of Samsung Data Migration from here.
- Most of the time SDM fails indicates that there is something wrong with your drives. It may be possible that one of the drives is broken or failing the process. You can run ‘chkdsk’ on each drive (old and new) to check that both the drives are okay. If you want to buy a new Samsung SSD V-NAND SSD 850 EVO then always buy it from the official Samsung website.
- Check the data you are transferring, May be possible that you are transferring too much data to the SSD. only transfer 75% space of the target disk for easily migrate without any failure. i.e if your SSD is 499GB in size then only transfer 374GB. You can copy extra data to another place which is neither old HDD nor targetted SSD.
- If you are transferring large files or partition then it is possible that SDM is not able to handle the load of your cloning data. so make sure that you do not transfer large partitions in a single time.
- The problem maybe occurs because of SATA to USB cable. Try to connect SSD with computer build instead of SATA cable or try different SATA port and another SATA cable.
Quick Fix Of SDM Cloning Stuck Without Losing Any Data
If your problem still not fixed then you can try a new strategy to overcome your problems. The following are some easy steps that you can follow to migrate your data from old HDD to a new Samsung SSD easily.
- Create a full backup of the old HDD and save the backup to another drive.
- Create a bootable USB drive by downloading an ISO file and burn it to a USB drive.
- Replace the old hard drives with the new Samsung SSD manually.
- Boot your computer from the bootable USB device.
- Connect the storage that contains a backup image and do the restoring. Restart is required.
Solution For Samsung Data Migration Software Stuck
The above options would have been solved all the problems that you are facing while cloning your data from old HDD to new Samsung SSD, Now you can easily migrate all your data without any problem. If you are still facing any other problem then we suggest you download AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition Latest Version and try to clone your data by using this software instead of Samsung Data Migration.
Cases & Solutions of Samsung Data Migration Stuck issue
You might face different cases by which your cloning failed or stuck at 0%, 99% or at 100%, above we have discussed all the cases and provided you full assistance that how you can overcome all the problems that you face while migrating your data. Just go through the full article and solve your problem accordingly. You can also contact us freely and ask any question if you are facing any other problem by using the comment section. We are here to help you.