Here we are trying to provide you full information like what is Samsung data migration and how it works. As you know it is very developed and necessary software to transfer your data with OS from old HDD to new SSD. Nowadays everybody is moving from HDD to SSD because it’s very fast and reliable, and to copy all your data from old hard disk to new solid-state drive is a very hard and long process and it takes lots of your time. So if you have Samsung HDD and you are planning to move to SSD then Samsung data Migration is going to be a very helpful application for you.
We will provide you here full information about what is Samsung data migration and how you can use it very easily. You can migrate all your important data with the operating system from old hard disk to new SSD without losing anything. You just have to download the Samsung Data Migration Software From here and read the full instruction given below to clone your data.
- 1 What is Samsung Data Migration
- 2 How To Clone Your Old Data From HDD to Samsung SSD
- 3 Screenshots
- 4 F.A.Q’s
- 4.1 What is Samsung data migration software?
- 4.2 How long does Samsung data migration take?
- 4.3 How does Samsung data migration work?
- 4.4 How to use the Samsung data migration tool without Samsung SSD?
- 4.5 Samsung SSD data migration how to move os on SSD?
- 4.6 Do you need to end the task on anti-virus when using Samsung data migration?
- 5 Conclusion
What is Samsung Data Migration
It is an automated software for Windows OS to migrate all the data from the old HDD to a new Samsung SSD. Its latest version which is v3.1 is released recently in 2020 that includes lots of features. You can easily transfer all your data without any data loss by using it. This is a very less time-consuming software and also you can save your data from corrupt. But this one is specially built for Samsung SSD’s. It clones the old HDD drive and then migrates it to new SSD. While this process the data of the new SSD drive will completely erase. You can also clone your full operating system without losing anything.
How To Clone Your Old Data From HDD to Samsung SSD
- First, you need to download the required software from the direct download link provided here.
- We are providing the latest version of Samsung data migration which is v3.1 (2020).
- Install the software from the setup file by accepting all terms and conditions.
- Open the software from the desktop icon and wait to detect the hard drives.
- Once the hard drives will be detected by the software you will see the storage details. It will show you both hard drives information. The old HDD as well as the new SSD.
- You can choose which data you want to transfer and you can also choose to clone the full operating system.
- Now click on the start button to begin the migration process. It will ask you for the confirmation, so click on the ok button.
- You will see the old and new hard drive information on this step for confirmation. The old drive will be under the “Source Disk” tab and the new SSD will be under the “Targeted Disk” tab.
- Again click on the start button, Now you will see the popup message. The message will be warning that your new SSD data will be completely deleted and you cannot recover it. As well as the files on the source disk that are open cannot be cloned. So close all the files from source disk then start the cloning process.
- Click on the yes button to start the process. Now you have to wait until the process completes. It takes time depending on your data size.
- You will get a success message after the complete cloning. Now your OS is with all system data is migrated to new SSD. You can remove your old HDD safely.
- By using the Samsung Data Migration software you can save your data from corrupted as well as your time consumption.
What is Samsung data migration software?
The software makes a clone of your old hard drive and migrates all the data including OS to new SSD.
How long does Samsung data migration take?
The process timing depends upon the size of the data. If your clone size is small then it will take less time to complete your migration. If you have a large clone size then you have to wait a little bit more.
How does Samsung data migration work?
The tool detects both hard drive, the old HDD and new SSD. When you click on the start button, the software will completely erase the new SSD. After erasing, it will clone your old hard drive and migrate all data from the old drive to the new drive. This process takes time that depends upon the data size.
How to use the Samsung data migration tool without Samsung SSD?
Sorry! You cannot use the Samsung data migration tool without Samsung SSD. The other manufacturer’s SSD’s are not supported by this tool.
Samsung SSD data migration how to move os on SSD?
The process to migrate data is shared above in this post. That also includes OS migration. Once you click on the start button, all processes will be done automatically.
Do you need to end the task on anti-virus when using Samsung data migration?
It is the best option to end the task on antivirus as well as disable the antivirus for better results. If you do that, you can migrate all your data without any barrier.
What is Samsung data migration is an article we are sharing with you, by using which you can easily transfer your old data from old HDD to new Samsung SSD by following the process that we shared in this article. You can easily manage to download the latest version of the Samsung data migration tool which is released in 2020 from here and clone your data with the full operating system.